Class in: Science and technology, sports and leisure
Subjects: Prizes and rewards, new products and services
The hiking and outdoor app is known for its innovative features that connect people with nature
SAN FRANCISCO, Nov. 15, 2023 /PRNewswire/ — AllTrails, the world’s largest and most trusted outdoor platform, was announced today by Apple as one of three iPhone app finalists for the Anne Award, selected by the global editors of the Apple App Store was awarded. The iPhone App of the Year finalists help users discover new ways and learn new skills. The AllTrails app is particularly recognized for its innovative product set, user-friendly design and, according to Apple’s announcement, for helping the world navigate the outdoors.
AllTrails connects its users with nature, helps them discover places they’ve never visited before, and enhances their trail experience. By providing features that enable users to plan and explore with confidence, AllTrails eliminates the challenges of accessing outdoor activities and helps millions of people around the world enjoy the life-affirming benefits of time in nature . mental and physical health. The free application has a community of more than 60 million people and offers more than 420,000 routes in every country in the world.
Since day one, AllTrails’ mission has been to help people get outside, said RonSchneidermann, general manager of AllTrails. “We continually listen to our users and strive to improve their outdoor living experience,” he added. “This recognition underscores our team’s commitment to continuous innovation so that people of all backgrounds and levels can enjoy the benefits of nature.”
This award comes after a year of strong growth for the brand, which was marked by strong momentum and numerous product launches. In 2023, AllTrails introduced many new features to its product line such as:
- Trail Overviews – A groundbreaking, immersive 3D video that helps users get a feel for every route, terrain and elevation.
- Local Community Feed – The Wider Community feature helps users get inspiration from what others are doing on local trails. Hikers can search the creek to check activity throughout the trail.
- Advanced Conditions – Users can view weather conditions along each route. Conditions include: temperature, mosquito index, forecast conditions based on current weather conditions and historical weather conditions.
- Stats and Achievements – A new and improved experience that helps users record their adventures and celebrate time spent outdoors. Hikers can track their progress, earn badges and see an inspiring snapshot of the outdoor activities completed.
- National Park Guide – Guide to over 200 national parks with advice on where to go, what to do and how to prepare.
- Trail Navigation Improvement – A trail navigation tool that allows users to follow a planned route, record an actual route, and easily find their way back to the starting point.
“The AllTrails app is honored to receive this recognition,” said Ivan Selin, product manager at AllTrails. This is a testament to our commitment to creating innovative products that help people connect with outdoor activities. We’re excited to be able to positively impact people’s lives and look forward to bringing even more exciting experiences to our community in 2024. Stay tuned!
AllTrails continues to be the most recognized digital brand and leader in the outdoor industry. In addition to this recent award, AllTrails is frequently named in the top 5 health and fitness apps.
AllTrails helps you navigate the outdoors with in-depth reviews and inspiration from a global hiking community. Every day AllTrails helps more people get outside so they can have healthy, authentic experiences and have a greater appreciation for the outside world.
Communications Manager at AllTrails
These press releases might also interest you
Press release sent on November 15, 2023 5:43 p.m. and distributed by: